The following Courses are offered:
- Three Years Graduate Course in Dance
- Three Years Graduate Course in Music
- Three Years Graduate Course in Thang-Ta(Manipuri Martial Arts)
- Three Years Graduate Course in Umanglai Haraoba
- Three Years Graduate Course in Theatre and Performance Studies
- Three Years Graduate Course in Sankirtana
- Three Years Graduate Course in Tribal Studies
- Four Years Graduate Course in Visual Arts
- There will be one Course on Languages and another Course on Theory of Culture and Cultural Studies, which are compulsory for all the students to be taught in the first two years, consisting of four semesters carrying 50 marks each.
- Number of students to be Admitted:
The total number of students to be admitted for each Department will be 20. In the case of Music, the number will be increased as the nature of the subject demands.
- Duration of the Courses:
The courses will be of 3 (three) years duration. In the case of Visual Arts the course will be of 4(four) Years duration.
- Medium of Instruction and Examination:
Manipuri, English and Hindi will be the media of Instruction and Examination. In the case of Manipuri medium the examination will be held in Meetei Mayek script only. An applicant shall have to mention clearly the medium for his or her examination.
- Eligibility of Admission:
Any candidate who has passed the 10+2 Examination of General Education shall be eligible. Preference will be given to those who have the basic knowledge of the concerned subject with a minimum of a Three-Year Foundation or Certificate course from any recognised Institution.
- Seats for SC/ST/OBC Candidate are reserved as per the norms of the Government.
- One Seat in each Course is reserved for candidate who have represented the state in the National/International level competitions in Sports and Games.
- One seat in each relevent Course is reserved for Physically disabled/challenged candidate.
Note: Admissions of the Candidate belonging to the categories given above will be subjected to a proper verification of the certificate submitted by them.
- The Reserved seat shall be deemed unreserved if suitable candidate are not available.
- Process of Admission:
1. How to apply :
- Applications for Admission will be invited through advertisements in the local and national papers.
- Free online registration.
- Duly filled in application forms (in duplicate) it should be changed as will have to submit through Online only along with the following enclosures. After the students are get through their admission to the University the necessary documents will be verified again by the concerned authority:
- Two self-attested copies of a recent Passport size photo to be pasted on the application forms in the space provided for it.
- Two self-attested copies xeroxed/photo copies of the High School Leaving Examination passed Certificate and Higher Secondary Examination Passed Certificate along with mark sheets.
- Two self-attested copies of the certificates of passing the Foundation Course/Certificate Examination in the concerned subject.
- Self-attested photo copies of SC/ST/OBC certificate, to be submitted by SC/ST/OBC candidates.
- Self-attested copies of Certificates in support of any claim for a seat against a reserved quota
- Self-attested Migration Certificate in the case of candidate from outside the state.
Note: Final selection will be subject to the production of the original documents and their verification.
- Mode of Selection:
Selection of the Candidates for the Admission is made through
- a written Test for 50 marks
- a Practical/Demonstration Test for 35 marks and
- a Viva-Voce Test of 15 marks.
The Written Test will be for 60 minutes and the Practical/Demonstration and Viva-Voce tests will be for 30 and 10 minutes respectively.
A Candidate seeking Admission must secure a minimum of 40% of the aggregate of the total marks of the three types of test.